Maury County Firefighters responded to a house explosion on Sunday night.

Maury County Fire Department released the following information and photos:

"House explosion

At 9:21PM last night units responded to a reported explosion with no fire on Trousdale Ln. Units arrived to find dry wall damage on all three levels of the home and secured utilities. A propane leak during remodel is the suspected cause.

What the homeowner did exactly right: upon discovering the smell he turned off the propane at the tank, opened a garage door, front door, and two windows. These actions prevented a much bigger event from occurring in allowing the pressure to escape through the openings.